Monday, June 30, 2008

Geronimo's a sad man

Hey everyone! I'm now in Deleware Water Gap physically but Port Clinton PA in trail miles. Geronimo and I have been having a really rough time since leaving Duncannon. I have since recovered from a cold. His feet however started cracking a bit south of town, we zeroed with Brian, took it easy, wore his boots, and put treatment on his feet, but it's been slow, sad, painful goings for him. PA is very long, no one should have to walk on rocks like these, and it's becoming apparent he won't be back to his usual self until he gets some time off of da trail. The past weekend has been esp crazy. I had a crazy run of trail magic in Port Clinton; beer, fresh fruit, river dips, free rides, taco bell, and good company all lifted the spirits.
The point of this post... I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested/ excited to love and live with Geronimo for awhile. I don't know if he goes south when I'll be able to get him again, it may not be until after I finish Maine between mid-sept mid-oct. I know it's summer and a lot of folks are traveling. Give me a call if you'd like to foster my best friend. 540 798 7069 He's a wonderful dog but is sensitive and needs to be in a place with soft seating and affection.
I personally and physically am doing well. It's emotionally draining, this whole PA thing, but better times lay... just around the river bend =)
Give me a ring if you're interested =)
I prob won't be able to call back right away, looks like Geronimo for this week will be a trucker with my cousin Ron while I hike.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl... So sorry to hear about "MO". I am now saying a prayer for relief for your great partner. There will be a way for him. I can promise you that. God provides when you ask. Keep the faith, you have gone so far on this journey. Don't give up. Hugs to you.
Your PenMar Friends

Maggie said...

Bekah dearest,

Here's the deal:

I'm moving into a pet-friendly place come July 30th and I'd been planning on getting a dog, but can't because I think I'll be heading to a city for graduate school afterward. If he can hang elsewhere for the next three weeks, I would love to take Mosey to WV.

Mag

Anonymous said...

roxie said......
Wow, I can't believe the trail is not good for our four legged friend, Geronimo. I wish I could help but there is no way. But I can say alot of prayers for you both. You both have been in our thoughts. You want to hear something remarkable On my calander for today "the goal of life is living in agreement with nature" Zeno
I think you are doing just that. until later, Roxie [Pen-Mar]

Big Al said...

I'm sorry to hear about Geranimo. He was such a great hiking partner in the Dolly Sods. I think Carrie, Sara and I are going to the Cranberry Wilderness for the next adventure. If you get a chance to look at the next ODT newsletter you may see my article about our trip along with pics.

I have been following your progress and wish you all the best of luck.

take care,

Big Al

Joanie said...

Rebekah,
This is so interesting to me - reading as you travel. What an experience. Just want you to know that I am following you, thinking about you, and keeping you in my prayers. Looking forward to your next update.
Joanie Tyree

Tom Atkins said...

A new visitor here. Heartfelt writing and I love the pictures to the side. I'll be back for sure.

Deborah said...

Rebecca, I am so impressed with everything you have done so far. Take care and be SAFE. We will be praying for your safety. Can't way to see you again.

Deborah Ginger
NUMC